Alice Gao photographer, traveller, urbanist, blogger and Instagrammer-extraordinary shot the 'white on white' story for our Spring Book at home in New York City.
Inspired by the shoot, we're inviting our social media followers to capture the beauty of 'white on white'. Share a picture on instagram or twitter, from 24 March 03 April. Please include our name@TOASTtravels and hashtag #TOASTwhiteonwhite. We will choose our favourite photo on 07.04.2015 and let our winner pick out something white from our spring collections.
Terms & Conditions
1. This Promotion is open to all UK residents over the age of 18 excluding: (i) employees of the Promoter and their families; (ii) the employees of companies or organisations with whom the Promotion is run and their families; and (iii) agents or any other person directly connected with the Promotion.
2. Only one entry (first entry), fulfilling the eligibility requirements, will be accepted per person. Spammers will be disqualified.
3. The Promoter may require participants to provide proof of identity, proof of age and proof of residency. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter's discretion. The winner may be required to sign a statement proving their eligibility/liability. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify any entrant that fails to satisfy the eligibility requirements.
4. To enter the Promotion, tweet or instagram a photo of something white on white with the words @TOASTtravels' and #TOASTwhiteonwhite'. No purchase is necessary to enter. Access to the internet and a valid Twitter or Instagram account are required to enter.
5. Entries must be submitted between 09:00am GMT on 24/03/2015 (Opening Date) and 23:59pm GMT on 03/04/15 (Closing Date). Entries received before the Opening Date or after the Closing Date or entries received by any other means (e.g. in the post) will not be accepted.
6. There is one prize consisting of a spring / summer 2015 TOAST item that is the colour white or similar shade thereof up to the value of £250. The prize winner must send: (i) the details of their chosen qualifying product worth up to £250; and (ii) the address they wish their qualifying product to be delivered to, in reply to the Direct Message informing them that they have won, by 20 April 2015. TOAST will send the product to the prize winner. TOAST's delivery policy (see here) applies.
7. To win the prize you must have posted your picture with the required words between the Opening Date and the Closing Date. Entries in the incorrect format will not be considered.
8. The winner will be selected by the Promoter from all valid entries received by the Closing Date and to be conducted no later than 09 April 2015.
9. The winner will be notified by Direct Message on Twitter or Instagram no later than 09 April 2015. If the prize winner does not respond to this notification by 20 April 2015, the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative prize winner at random from all remaining valid entries, with the originally selected winner forfeiting their right to the prize. The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into, except with the winner.
10. The Promoter's decision (or that of a third party, where a third party is involved in any decision relating to the Promotion) is final in every situation, including any not covered above and no correspondence will be entered into in respect of the validity of any such decision.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to exclude late, incomplete or multiple entrants using multiple Twitter or Instagram accounts. Registrations made by third parties, agents, using methods such as a macro or a script, using automated devices or processes or syndicated entries are not permitted and all such entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
12. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
13. The winner's details (name and county only) will be made available 10 working days after the Closing Date and for 4 weeks only by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the TOAST Marketing Dept, Toast, 3rd Floor, Matrix Beta, Matrix Business Park, Swansea, SA6 8RE indicating the name of the Promotion. The prize winner is deemed to have consented to the publication of their name and county by participating in this Promotion.
14.Entry to the Promotion and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission to use any entrant's name, image and any competition entry photograph, for promotional and/or editorial purposes in any format in print and non-print media without additional consultation. By entering, participants further agree to participate in any reasonable publicity arranged by the Promoter or its agencies in the event of them winning.
15. The Promoter reserves in all cases the right to replace the stated prizes with other prizes that it considers to be of broadly equivalent value. The Promoter offers no cash alternative and the prize cannot be used for the purchase of gift cards or in conjunction with any other competition, offer or promotion. Prizes are not refundable or transferable. Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. When dates are specified they cannot be altered and by entering date-related Promotions or promotions neither the Promoter, nor any third party, are liable in any way to any winner who cannot attend.
16.The Promoter reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to amend, suspend or cancel the Promotion or extend the entry period or disqualify any participant at any time for technical, legal or other reasons without giving advance notice.
17.The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, prohibit participation in the Promotion by any person who tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the website or the operation of the Promotion, or acts in violation of these terms, acts in a disruptive manner or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
18.Participants must not supply false information in their registration or share their account details with others, and no individual should participate under any identity that is not their own. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, terminate the entry of anyone registering under details that it has reasonable grounds to believe are false.
19.The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any third party illegal or fraudulent action/inaction that may occur on or through the Promotion, but reserves the right to take action against any third party it knows or has reasonable grounds to believe is responsible for such action/inaction.
20.The Promotion materials may contain links to other websites that the Promoter does not own or operate. Entrants should be aware that the Promoter does not control, recommend or endorse these other websites, and is not responsible for their content, products, services or privacy policies.
21.The Promoter cannot guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the Promotion or its website and is not responsible for any disruption to the Promotion or our website due to technical problems or otherwise. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, corrupted or misdirected registrations.
22.TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE PROMOTER BE LIABLE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF STATUTORY DUTY, OR OTHERWISE, FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY ARISING UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROMOTION.
23. Where the Promoter runs a competition in conjunction with a third party such that the third party is responsible for the selection and/or the provision of prizes then the Promoter shall not be responsible for or have any liability for the provision of such prizes.
24.All entrants to the Promotion are deemed to have read and accepted these terms (and any linked terms contained or referenced herein) and agree to be bound by them and by the decisions of the Promoter, which are final in all matters relating to the promotion (except where any decision relating to the Promotion has been delegated by the Promoter to a third party, when that third party's decision will be final).
26.No failure to enforce a clause shall be deemed a waiver of the rights covered within it. If any clause of these terms is deemed unenforceable, then it shall be severed and the remaining terms shall remain in force.
27.These terms are governed by English law, and entrants agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts in relation to all matters arising under or in connection with these Terms.
28. The promoter of the #TOASTwhiteonwhite prize draw (Promotion) Toast (Mail Order) Limited, 3rd Floor, Matrix Beta, Matrix Business Park, Swansea, SA6 8RE (Promoter).